Data Protection – e-Business
We advise on all non-contentious legal issues relating to data protection and privacy matters, including:
- Personal data collection and consents
- Website privacy policies
- Personal data protection aspects of database sales and transfers
- Data protection codes for employees
With the enforcement in our jurisdiction of the “Private Date Protection Code” (2003) and subsequent enactments thereto, we are in a position to provide full advise to any type and size of clients, including evaluation and monitoring of risk, moving from a first visit to the offices and access to computer system to the drafting and implementation of tailor made procedures.
Additionally it is a fact that data protection and privacy issues can arise in connection with all sorts of disputes. Our staff is fully trained to provide advice also as a matter of urgency when an issue of privacy may come out and proper response and action can avoid future, expensive, litigation which may expose clients to fines and substantial liabilities for non- compliance with privacy / data protection rules.
We draft, advise on and negotiate every type of legal agreement relating to e-business. These include agreements relating to:
- Website development, hosting and support
- Website linking, advertising and marketing agreements
- Intellectual property protection related to e-business sector
- Payment processing and other website ‘back-office’ agreements
Our experience of e-business disputes dates from the early days of the Internet, and includes disputes conducted also through specialised arbitration institutions relating to:
- Domain names, including disparaging websites
- Trade mark protection and enforcement
- Other intellectual property and legal issues arising out of the Internet.